Full Stack Web Application Developer
Posted: August 25th 2020
Salary: To be negotiated
We are looking for a talented Full Stack Web Application Developer to join our team at The Lines Group.
We need someone with a can-do attitude who is willing to work outside of their job description, understand the client’s needs and think beyond written specifications to “get the job done”.
- Stable and profitable employer.
- Competitive salary with scope for profit-related bonus.
- Exciting projects for customers both in the UK and overseas.
- Pension scheme.
- 20 days of paid holiday plus public holidays.
- Mac-based environment.
- Gloucester based office meeting latest health and safety recommendations.
- Work alongside the digital account manager to support daily requests from both clients and staff and develop our client web app(s).
- Define project specification(s), estimate workloads and provide technical support.
- Regular documentation of work.
- Review off-the-shelf tools, give recommendations and design third-party integrations, assessing quality & risk for each.
- Work closely with the web designer to ensure seamless integration and final products that are true to the creative vision.
- Work both on legacy and green field code.
- Work solo on some aspects, interrogating the brief through to delivery.
- Deliver front and back-end coding ensuring it is robust, efficient, tested and fit for purpose.
- Limited out of hours support
Skills and experience
Essential (min 3 years experience)
- Commercial PHP at mid to senior level (inc. OOP, design patterns, code standards).
- Laravel PHP framework.
- Troubleshooting and debugging PHP applications.
- Databases (MySQL, NoSQL).
- Browser data storage: localStorage or IndexedDB (with Dexie.js).
- Site building experience with HTML, CSS, SaSS and Webpack, Tailwind CSS.
- Third party API integrations.
- Version control systems and working in most common workflow / branching models.
- Deployment experience with Plesk, Laravel Forge or Deployer PHP.
- LAMP stack admin (e.g. command line, Plesk, Apache setup etc.)
- Good understanding of the most common security flaws introduced by developers, and how to avoid them.
- Good communication skills, must-have fluent and confident use of the English language.
- A portfolio including advanced integration and app projects.
- Working knowledge of SEO / PPC / Social strategies and social channels.
- Experience of Google Analytics, Webmaster tools and other applications for monitoring activity and gaining insights.
To apply, or for more information, please submit your C.V. in complete confidence to:
or call 01242 244 830
Seen enough to get started?